We’ve all heard the marketing that goes with “big data”. Pushing aside the hype, the reality is that in order to be able to secure complex computing systems, we require total awareness. And that is true whether our systems are hosted in house, in a “cloud”, or somewhere in between.
DotSec has deployed, and continues to operate and maintain a secure logging, reporting and alerting service that is used by customers in the banking, online payments and government sectors. Why use DotSec’s services?
- DotSec has 13 years of commercial experience, and has been providing monitoring and reporting-as-a-service services for 6 years.
- DotSec is able to securely collect, aggregate and analyse security events from servers, desktops, networks, applications and appliances.
- DotSec can engineer systems whereby customer on-site caching services ensure logs are collected, even in the event of network outage.
- Digital signing can be used to ensure log integrity, supporting our customer’s requirements for adherence to standards such as PCI-DSS and reporting frameworks such as those administered by APRA.
- DotSec’s services use secure channels to ensure log confidentiality and integrity in transit, and a combination of physical and logical access controls, and strong cryptographic protection ensure that the logs remain secure during analysis, storage and archiving.
In summary, DotSec provides its customers with full visibility of their systems by providing automated alerts and regular reports that make our customers aware of unexpected changes, system outages, or variations in the performance of on-line services. This early-warning information is often provided well before the customer is aware that an issue even exists.