Information security is about enabling governments, businesses and individuals to do more things, more securely. DotSec has a uniquely strong history in the design, development, deployment and integration of secure computing services, web sites, and infrastructure. For example, DotSec has designed, integrated and maintained secure systems and services for customers in the private and public sectors, including the Queensland Department of Health, SPARQ Solutions and the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
Development and integration history
Our project history spans more than 16 years. Our very first project was to assist with the information security infrastructure for the Federal Government’s mobile telephone number portability scheme. That was back in 2000!
Some of our more interesting information security design, development and integration projects have included:
- Information security infrastructure, including Identity and Access Management (IAM) systems for government, utilities and finance; secure reporting systems for federal government; and on-line knowledge systems for the Queensland State Government.
- Secure logging, reporting and alerting services for a number of customers. Log-events are collected from a wide range of sources including gateway devices, services and servers, network monitors and security devices such as firewalls and proxy servers.
- Integrated key and certificate management services (both formal PKIs, and informal infrastructures based on PGP/GPG) and associated processes and procedures, to support secure messaging applications and secure email.
- Secure computing environments which include virtualised servers and desktops, thin-client desktop-terminals, two-factor authentication (2FA) for secure remote-access, and a comprehensive intrusion-detection and alerting systems.
- Managed Disaster Recovery (DR) environments, and DR-testing environments, procedures and reporting.
- Integration of hardware security modules (HSMs) to support PCI DSS requirements.
- Integrated smart card-based authentication systems for strong 2FA.
We’re here to help
DotSec has a strong history of designing, developing, deploying and maintaining secure systems for customers in the financial, government, legal, superannuation and service industries. Please feel free to contact us to find out more about how secure systems-integration can work, and on a budget that will pleasantly surprise you!